Monday, May 3, 2010

Sun & Moon

You know I like me some street art. These pictures are from husband the wife team Hitotzuki which is Japanese for sun and moon- opposites of one another, since Kami likes wavy lines and Sasu likes graphic prints and somehow on their very large canvasses, it works wonders.


They are currently based in Tokyo- but they travel all over the world to create something very extraordinary on the completely ordinary.



They site being influenced by Japanese calligraphy and nature and just being in the moment.



It makes me happy just thinking that you could walk around a corner and see something so pretty and unexpected. Maybe that is why I like street art- its a a beautiful surprise.


A different type of bouquet to start your Monday!

You can see more pictures of their art (from where I so graciously lifted them) on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...