Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dino Day Details Part I

The day was absolutely beautiful! It was 66 degrees and sunny in mid November in Chicago! Who would have thought? We had the front door open for almost the whole party- it was fantastic! I am still re-cooperating-I feel like I have been run over by a T-Rex (or 8 small ones) and the house, well lets just say its a happy house-messy- but happy. I kept trying to take pictures of the larger version of the invitation that greeted everyone on the door- but I always get a glare...I will keep trying- Ezra won't let me take it down yet.



His volcano cake-equipped with the guys who are ready for some fun & a slice!







The pom-poms turned out great & gave the dining room that, "hey its a party" feel....





Whats that you are guarding? Yes, I actually did do the surprise balls I mentioned earlier. Although not as pretty as the example shown here, the kids thought they were really cool and they don't look too bad for my first attempt. (They do take forever though, and I'll share a step by step tutorial based on my mistakes so that if you ever decide to try them, you won't want to chuck them into the garbage, pull your hair out or scream obscenities at them as I wanted to, and maybe did.)




We played pin the tail on the Triceratops. Ezra's is embedded under Gus's. You forget how those really simple games are so much fun- for kids and parents to watch. Everyone did pretty well...



except for poor dizzy Andrea whose tail didn't even make it onto the same wall. :)



More pictures later this week....







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...