Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dino-Mite! (Surprise Balls)

I am a party nerd. I love to throw a party. I adore the entire process. Making invitations, planning a menu, creating a cake and decorating all around a theme is really my idea of a good time. In our "PK" (pre kids) life, I would start dreaming in July about our annual Halloween Party. (God, I miss those....) I get giddy at the thought of friends getting married or having a baby, (I mean aside from me being so happy/excited for them) because I start to imagine the shower that I would give them- regardless if I am hosting it or not. (I'm sick, I know.) Now I am wading out into new waters- my first "kids only" party! (Insert ominous duh duh da dum music here.) We have been giving Ezra the family only party treatment, (I'll share some of the past party pictures throughout this process.) Now that he has been going to other kids parties this year- he is all reved up for his own friends, not family kind. I have been informed by Micro Mister that we will be having a dinosaur party. Now the fun begins...all things prehistoric. (Parents included.) I saw these on Jordan Ferney's site and thought they would be so much fun to make- and even more fun to take home.


I have been randomly collecting little dino-doodads and I think they will lend themselves well to the surprise balls. You wrap them up with crepe paper and just keep wrapping- gift/crepe/gift/crepe etc....

Isn't it fun? I was thinking though- instead of making a ball- could I make it more egg shaped? More dinosaur egg shaped? I'm hoping that if it works out, I can put them all in a "nest" and use that as a centerpiece.


Totally cute! Or who knows, they could be a complete train-wreck, we'll find out! (How cool would it be to have these hanging on a Christmas tree for friends to take if they dropped by? Or all orange for Halloween pumpkin favors? I'm so easily side-tracked....) Don't you remember how excited you used to get at the thought of going to a friends house for a party? Maybe you still do? I can remember most of my childhood parties vividly. My mom made each of them so special. Tiny details that made them stand out- even now that I'm big. So, here is the first post on my little dude's big boy bash-there will be more in the coming weeks. I'm hoping that even though this is for a soon to be 4 (!) year old- that you can find something that sparks your imagination, reminds you of how much fun we used to have at parties, or at the very least-some comic relief.
The surprise balls pictures are from Sandra Juto's beautiful photo gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...