Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teletummy Tuesdays...

It is 85 degrees here in Chicago today. 85 degrees!! Last week it was 40. There is never a happy medium here. I would have been just fine with a few more weeks of 70 something degree weather like it was yesterday. Now I am really grateful I am this big in May and not in July or August. I would have been bloated and miserable.

Mount Mommy....


I know I have mentioned this at some point or another- but when you think of certain moments of your life, do you hear a particular song? The soundtrack of our life? What would be on it- and in what order? For me, there seems to have been one song on repeat for the past ten months or so- Arcade Fire's "The Suburbs. " The entire song is steeped in nostalgia, but there is this one phrase that makes me almost cry (pregnancy hormones!) every time I hear it-

"So can you understand?
Why I want a daughter while I'm still young
I wanna hold her hand
And show her some beauty
Before the damage is done

But if its too much to ask, if its too much to ask,
Then send me a son"

Even before we found out that little Blue was indeed a she, there was something about this that struck such a deep chord with me. Thinking about my (your) own childhood- the innocence, the experience and wanting to give a piece of that to someone else- to share in it, possibly remember or relive the thrill of being a child through a fresh new set of wondrous eyes that you helped create...to show them how beautiful the world can be, how beautiful it is- before they grow and can show and learn that it isn't always...at least that is what this little piece says to me.



Listen to the full song The Suburbs, here.
Three weeks and counting....

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...