Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not so Plain...

Have you seen previews for Cary Joji Fukumaga's Jane Eyre? (Or have you seen the movie yet?) From what I have read (and I mean reviews, not Charlotte Bronte's beautiful book...) and the pictures I have seen- it is D-R-E-A-M-Y. Ladies, anyone care to take in a movie with me? (Or guys, I don't want to exclude...)

There have been 23 versions of Jane Eyre made. I haven't seen all of them, but a good handful. I liked William Hurt as Mr. Rochester. (I liked Orson Wells too....) Do you remember a very young Elizabeth Taylor as Helen Burns? Loved her then....) Mia Wasikowska (whom I was enchanted with as Alice) now plays our Jane. (Nice track record...Alice and Jane. If she dyed her hair red and played Anne, I would be officially jealous....)

Oh, give me an English countryside, garden and manor and I'm undone....




Michael Fassbender is Mr. Rochester...ummm, yummy.

In the end- a mostly happy ending- a bit of a role reversal for Jane and Mr. R (plain and poor to beautiful in her own way and wealthy/ wealthy and handsome to poor and blind....)

They finally have each other, which we all knew was going to happen... (but it still excites and delights me,) at long last.


I can't wait to see it all happen again. (I'll spring for the popcorn and Raisinets if you want to come along....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...