So I started thinking, what does really excite me- in the afore mentioned way? Here is what I came up with*:
- Packing my suitcase the night before I leave on vacation.
- The first bite of a truly fabulous dessert.
- Finding that jacket (or shirt or dress or whatever) I had been lusting after at Anthropologie that was originally $188.00 has been marked down to the proper price of $39.00 and there is one left in my size.
- The look that Mr. Blue sends me on occasion.
- The little dudes giving me hugs and wet kisses and telling me (well one tells me) that I am the prettiest mama.
- Getting to go out with the girls and leaving said angels (all 3) behind.
- The first page of a really good book.
- An arrangement that seems to just put itself together.
- And this...
Garden nerd I may be, but I really do get a little giddy when I see that bit of green coming up amid all of the brown. These are some crazy variety of allium that was here when we bought the house that I have split many times over and now is all over the sun garden. Hello!
I also uncovered the tiniest little hands from a couple of bleeding hearts, still tightly wound fronds from a few varieties of fern, some tulip and jacobs ladder. Too tiny for good pictures, well with my little camera anyways. You will just have to wait. (I know, I know- the suspense will kill you in the interim.) Here is one thing about right now that decidedly does NOT excite me:
Yes, yes, yes- it is the Prince of Darkness' puppy paws. (And his legs, and his tummy and his flanks, and on occasion his nose....) Oh the mud this beastie tracks in! A mountain of towels by the back door- yet it never seems to do any good. Yes, I know he is in desperate need of a pedicure- aren't we all? That is one thing that Leo does not get excited for.
*There are, by the way, many many other things...too many to list- but I think you get the idea.