Monday, January 25, 2010

Hobit Habitat

Only in the UK would you find a house like this. Does Mr. Frodo live here you ask? Maybe Bilbo Baggins himself? Nope. A normal family lives in this "hobbit house" in Wales. A man and his father-in-law built this environmentally low impact house all on their own. No previous experience. They used mostly hand tools, and lots of imagination. They also received the occasional help from random people passing by.



The man lives in the house now with his wife and their two children. Can you even imagine playing make-believe there?



I think its fantastic. I don't know that I would want to live there year round, but I would definitely love to visit at tea time. It looks like something right out of the movies, don't you think?


What a great place to read stories. Is that a jealous faerie I see peeking through the window? Click
here to see many more pictures of the house and to get the full story. Thank you Lace and Tea for making me smile on a Monday morning. Bilbo would be proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...