Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lil' Somethin's

A lot goes on in October- have I mentioned that? There are a ridiculous amount of birthday's that need/deserve to be celebrated. I prefer to say it with flowers. Here are some lovely's that followed me home.
Scabiosa or pincushion flower. I find this wine color, well intoxicating.

I know, I know I am a dahlia junkie- but cut me some slack here- we've only got a week or two left and then we won't see them till next year. The picture doesn't do these justice- they are the darkest most fantastic burgundy (again with the wine- I think I need a drink.)


These are Cool Water roses. I have not worked with them before but found them at the market today and found them quite lickable. (Not to be confused with likable-but they are that too I suppose.) I can't wait to see what they look like in a few hours...I want them to open up just a bit more. Their guard petals (the crinkly part that looks white) has some very pretty lime green on them as well- so pretty, I don't think I will pluck them.


Now as for the arrangement(s) - you are just going to have to wait. Patience is a virtue. And I've got pumpkin muffins to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...