Monday, September 14, 2009

Its Not Fair!

Saturday was gorgeous! Knowing me personally- you know I am surrounded by boys-my husband, both of my children, the dog- heck, even the 2 cats are dudes! I feel as if I sometimes go months without seeing an actual female friendly face- no, I think I actually do. I was so excited for some girl time, and what better way to spend time with friends than shopping? Renegade did not disappoint!


It was packed- artist tents as far as the eye could see- and this is just 1/2 way down on one side! Oh joy! Most of my pictures turned out too crazy- there were just so many people and so much to focus on, well, I couldn't. Here are a few of my favorite booths- Craftster had the funniest t-shirts, and some of the friendliest people. If you knit- then you really had some great shirts to choose from, I however, (sooo not a knitter) was more in tune with this:

I am a sucker for glass- I am enchanted with people who can turn dust into beautiful things like this necklace from Kristin Perkins. Her color combinations are just dreamy- there were about 4 other necklaces that I envisioned on me.


My hands-down favorite though, was Natalie from OrangyPorangy. She makes the sweetest, most flattering on any size skirts, dresses and tops from vintage tablecloths and fabrics. I bought one skirt- but easily could have dropped a few hundred dollars more- especially on my most coveted rooster skirt! Oh Mr. Rooster, one day you will be mine! (I am starting a save 4 the rooster fund...sigh.)

I have to say- after knowing some of the people from the fair exclusively online- it was really great to meet them face to face and support them. Goodness knows I bow down and weep for the fabulousness of Anthropologie, and get giddy at the thought of the Nordstrom shoe department, but it felt really good to see first hand the who what where and how of so much fantastic stuff and to buy it right from the source! Its just so not fair that I couldn't buy more, I really really do need a rooster skirt. Someday....
To my companions- I had so much fun and-




Courtesy of Fomato- god her cards make me laugh.



1 comment:

  1. Had a great time Saturday and I NEED to find a way to get a rooster skirt!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...