Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole Down Under

I have always harbored a secret love affair for fashion. I have dreamt (well, 20 years ago I dreamt) if I was just a foot taller and walking sassily down 5th Ave in New York, or Rodeo Drive in LA or through Picadilly Circus in London, or Trocodero Square in Paris (you get the idea) John Galliano or Valentino or Alexander McQueen would surely spot me, take an immediate fancy to me and without hesitation book me for not only their Vogue spread but for their next runway show. Hey! A 5'1" girl can dream. (Or I would be waiting on Baz Lurhman or Julie Taymor or Tim Burton and they would have that Oprah "aha!" moment and realize I am, without a doubt, the star of their next movie...oh wait, I still have those fantasies everyday I walk into work...I digress....) Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorite stories. Imagine my childlike (and current) delight to find a fashion spread posted on Eat Drink Chic marrying these two things- I will tell you, I was just head over heels in visual love love love.
Here is "Alice" neglecting her studies to chase butterflies-

Having tea on toadstools with an illusive caterpillar. Looks like somebody has been partaking of things labeled "drink me."


If only Disney's version of Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum looked so fantastic. Eat your heart out Walt! The details are just amazing- the pocket watches, the mushrooms that are scattered by their feet, and yes yes, a Cheshire cat at our Tweedle Dum's shoulder!


No Alice! No! Don't go through the little door! You'll surely tear your stockings!


Ah! Our Alice has returned to her normal size.

"...so Alice ventured to taste it, and , finding it very nice (it had, in fact, a sort of mixed flavour of cherry-tart, custard, pineapple, roast turkey, toffee, and hot buttered toast), she very soon finished it off. "What a curious feeling!" said Alice. "I must be shutting up like a telescope!" " (Lewis Carroll- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland...) I've got to get me some of that! (And something that will give me my 18 year-old skin back...) and I will start stalking Carolina Herrera! My favorite part about this photo spread is that its for a MALL in Australia. (They call them Arcades....) I love it. I just couldn't figure out why everything is so bright and vibrant and skimpy for winter- and then I realized oh yeah, Spring just sprung Down Under.

Click here for the full spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...