Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jason & Katie Part II (Chapter I Do!)

Page 1- the room is filled with love, books and color. Saturated, not for the faint of heart, (in this story of hearts) ka-bam color. The color drips off of the page, puddles onto the tables and starts growing into flowers. (Or something like that.)

The tables were split in half, part one had vases wrapped in the words of Shakespeare (Romeo & Juliet, A Midsummer's Night Dream and the Merry Wives of Windsor...in case you were wondering- they seemed appropriate.) the second part were perched atop a stack of books.

The tables were all named for their favorite authors. (I love to see what other people read...sort of voyeuresque, I'm looking at what you liked to look at/have read...you know? No? Yeah, me either.)

Jason & Katie went a hunting for all of their books at second hand shops, thrift stores, garage sales and all forms of other book nook sellers to find the nearly 100 tomes that decorated the tables. (If you hadn't noticed, all of the spines on the books are black, grey, or purple...just so they would fit in with everybody else.)


The centerpieces are filled with dahlia, scabiosa, hydrangea, spider mums, kale, garden roses, lisianthus, amaranthus, stock, agapanthus and viburnum berry. (And my pictures make everything look more to the pink side than they really were- I'm not sure why that happens, it just does...I just wanted to let you know....)




That is the end of page one. Or at least, that is how I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...