Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hi-Ho-a-Dairy-O...A (Pumpkin) Hunting We Will Go...

I don't think we could have asked for a prettier day to drive out from the city to partake in my favoritest day of the year...pumpkin day!

Its funny, how the boys have found ritual in the pumpkin hunt- we always do the corn maze before we pick out pumpkins. (Although, I will admit that I eyed a feeeeewwww out front that had already been picked...there is no harm in just looking, right?)



We are in there somewhere. Hello? Hello! Hello? Eventually, after some arguing about who was the leader and which way we should go, and some coaxing (yes, I'm sure we are close to the end...yes you can get a drink when we are done...) we did find our way out.

Ezra is converting to a country boy, just for the day.

Are you feeling me, Illinois?

My slice of Illinois heaven. Really. Some lady said to us, "I think I could spend hours back here." I said, "Oh, we will." (She thought I was joking, I wasn't. We did.)



Everyone has their "perfect pumpkin" shape. Now, let it be known that I love them all...but I have noticed I gravitate towards the longish ones- and ones with really fabulous stems intact. (I'm sure Freud would have something to say about that....) No stem? It doesn't come home with us. Jamie leans toward the round ones, Ezra also likes the really round ones...Avery likes the little ones, shape does not seem to concern him yet. What kind of pumpkin do you pick?

He got to stay in the wagon for about 5 minutes before he was bumped for other cargo.



Here it is, the haul. Well, mostly.

I did grab a couple of the ones up front.
I went to pay for my "extras" and the woman who owns the farm looked at me, looked at the pumpkins, looked back at me, shook her head and said, "Your husband said you wouldn't be able to help yourself and would have to get some more." Hmmm. I love me some pumpkins, what can I say? (I guess there is some harm in just looking....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...