Thursday, September 29, 2011

Was It?

It was summer at one point, wasn't it? This whole last season went by in such a flash, I get a little dizzy trying to connect my dots from June 1st to September 21st.

As surely as forsythia is the harbinger of spring- for me, anemones are those for fall. They are so unassuming, just growing green as the rest of the garden- mingling in with there late summertime friends. Knowing that their place will linger in the garden just a little longer than the others.

Then they open up their faces to say hello to me as well. Hello dears, is it really time for you? Is it a dream? (I do dream of fall most of the year...) No. It isn't. It really is here- and the summer as joyous as it was, seemed to be fast-forwarded to now.


I hope to myself (and to you all as well) now that things have settled down a bit, I can soak in this season, making memories to be collected about me abundantly like leaf piles for jumping into, playing around in, and of course for sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...