Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Few Flowers

This sweet little climbing rose decided to climb through our neighbor's fence and into our yard. Good morning little rose, I hope you like it here.

Unidentified hydrangea. I bought 5 of them at Menard's a few years ago for $7 each. I usually don't buy bushes on the cheap like that, because you get what you pay for...and having just typed that I realize that 3 of the 5 are gone and this is the first year the two that are left have bloomed. So, I guess I really do believe you get what you pay for- but sometimes pretty hydrangeas at 7 bucks just can't be passed by.

A complete late comer. This one wee flower decided it needed to bloom after everyone else had gone on. I bought a trio of these this summer, it is echinacea Fatal Attraction. I'm excited to see it more established next year. (Bunny rabbits beware though!)

And with that one small push of cooler weather, the anenome did indeed pop.


In the background, you can see that our large oak has already started to depart with some of its leaves, dotting the green grass with bits of brown. Ah me. Ezra has already started asking when we can rake the few that are on the ground into piles for jumping....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...