Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rainy Days and Thursdays...

Karen Carpenter's voice always seems to float up around me on days like today- and its odd, because I actually enjoy the rain and the cloudy sunless sky it doesn't really get me down. The flowers enjoy the rain, sometimes it pounds them down-but otherwise I think they like it. I don't know about the cloudy sky though. Just some pictures from around the garden-they look so bright when it is so dreary out.


Four poppies are about to, well pop. They look so funny before they open. I have an analogy for what I think they look like, but I don't think it is appropriate for my little flowery venue.


Some tulips still look pretty- most have already spent all their time here and are waiting patiently buying time for their next.

Spiderwort (such a funny name) geranium and iris are just now getting ready to bloom.

I'll show pictures next week when they are here visiting. This rain should help.


T.S. Eliot wrote that April is the cruelest month of all...but having the heat still on in May? Now that is cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...