Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sea of Scilla

I remember the spring Jamie and I were looking for our house here in Chicago so well- I was swept away by the waves of blue flowers that roamed freely over so many of the neighborhood's yards. Pretty blue Scilla! I now impatiently wait for you every spring, and here you are, just in time to rescue me from drowning in dull brown blahs.


I cannot tell a lie- these are not from my pretty wooded yard, but a very close neighbor that we walk by everyday...or now I try to walk by everyday.

Its just proof that in gardening more is more and I would like more please.

If only Odysseus was able to come across this Scilla, imagine the outcome of his epic story- he might have just laid himself down and dreamt away his homecoming- completely content and Charybdis free.

Alas, that was just not to be. He got monsters, we get flowers. I think we got the better deal.

I will continue to wade through my bay of blue beauties.




Until they fade out with the tide that is spring.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful "Lula Blues", I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...