Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Lovely

I hope this weekend you get to have some really good hot chocolate*. I hope you get to go sledding. I hope that you dodge a snowball, but get that mean bully down the street right in-between the eyes. I hope you get to sleep in tomorrow and enjoy the warm quiet of winter. I hope you get to see friends. I hope you have better luck at making a snowman than we did. I hope someone shovels your sidewalk for you, just because you are you. I hope you get to cuddle with someone...a fireplace is nice, but not necessary.


I hope you have a wonderful warm wintry weekend.
*
*
*
*Really good hot chocolate:
2 1/2 cups whole milk
2 cups half-and-half
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
1 T sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 t instant espresso or coffee powder
Heat the milk and half-and-half in a saucepan on medium heat to just below the simmering point. Remove the pan form the heat and add both of the chocolates. When the chocolates are melted, add the sugar, vanilla extract, and espresso and whisk vigorously. Reheat gently and serve immediately. Add cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, marshmallows or whipped cream at will.
(Barefoot Contessa...yum.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...