Tuesday, January 5, 2010

On My Honor, I Will Try...

I have to tell you something...I have never made New Year's Resolutions. Its true. I never really have thought much about them- some people have asked before what my resolutions were, and I would say something like-"to make funnier jokes..." but I haven't committed to a list of things to do or accomplish to start the year off. (And for those of you who know me personally, you know my jokes are fantastic and I don't need to work on that anyways... (you know that is a joke too, right?) ) This year though, there are some things that I would like to do/accomplish - its a small, humble little list- but putting it out there into cyber world, might keep me on my toes...we'll see.

1. Be more kind. I have a quote that hangs in my office- "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind." -Henry James. I seriously think of this quote everyday and try to do it proud.
2. Plan family dinners for the week. I love to cook- time is just rarely on my side. I want the boys (all three of them, the dog does not count) to remember sitting around our dining room table eating really good home-made food with each other and whoever else decides to drop by.
3. (Speaking of which) Have friends over once a month for dinner, games, fun, coffee & a muffin, whatever. Some of my favorite times this past month were having friends over- baking, lounging, playing-I need to take more time to celebrate the everyday with the people I love, and am just getting to know.
4. Install fence in backyard. We have wanted this since we have moved in, and this spring it is really going to happen. (I am clapping my hands right now...it seems silly, I know- but for a gardener...looking at the UGLY fence (well one of them) everyday has killed a little part of me for 6 years now and this year....) oh I am excited & will share the before/afters! Hoorayyyyyy!
5. Work on/with flowers every day. Garden planning, posies, potting-pulling weeds, I am my happiest when I'm with my petaled pals.
6. Finally...make business cards. I have been procrastinating. I need to execute the idea in my head and put it on paper. (Literally)

That's it. That is my list. I will dutifully share pictures/cards/recipes what -have-you when I can.
What about you? Did you make resolutions that you will keep this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...