Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Handmade Christmas!

I have pledged to buy everyone on my Christmas list this year at least one item made by a local artist. Here is my plan of attack...or at least the start.

Here are some Christmas-y ( I think I will be using that "word" a lot in the next few weeks...Christmas-y, I hope you don't mind.) picks that are fun & affordable. Here is our Illinois state bird in a print by Mincing Mockingbird.

A kitschy Christmas card by Little Korboose.


Winter onsie, also by Little Korboose.


Candy canes & cupcakes by
Cake Spy.


With over 150 artists participating- there is something for everyone! The fair is also offering free trolley rides to Pulaski Pavilion from certain stores on Division (Nina Knit, Renegade Handmade & the Little Bar) which I highly recommend using since the parking around the pavilion is nil. Also this weekend on a much larger scale is the One of a Kind Show at the Merchandise Mart (over 400 artists!) Why oh why did they schedule these two shows on the same weekend? Somebody is definitely going on my naughty list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...