Monday, November 30, 2009

Leftovers

You can't have Thanksgiving without some leftovers. As my swan song to autumn, here are just a few pictures from our day.... Sparkly acorns guarded by a squirrel who really does need to protect his bounty from pre-dinner diners.

Place cards- yes, yes they do look familiar, don't they?


We made out "thankful" cards for everyone that came over for dinner- each guest had a card marked with their name on it & throughout the evening you would write why you were thankful/grateful for each person (except for yourself...except for Jay- he felt the need to tell himself why he is thankful for himself...boys....) and before you left you received some very sweet thoughts about you to take home.


Yes, they are kind of wrinkled- as Avery cannot write yet, he thought he would just give each of them a great big hug. I guess I should be thankful that he didn't eat any of them as paper seems to be his fiber of choice.


My ubiquitous cookie. They are everywhere! Below, a smattering of dessert- I love to make dessert. (I don't think I need to mention I love eating dessert, do I?)



More dessert...you can never have too much...can you?



Last but certainly not least, one last pumpkin picture. (For this year.)


Whew-with that, I can now look forward towards winter and Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...