Friday, October 16, 2009

Day Tripper

This gloomy weather has got me down. I really don't mind the cold- its just I was so looking forward to an Indian Summer and I feel as thought that has been pulled right out from underneath me, poof! Pooh pooh on this stinky overcast chilly day. Lets get out of here and head towards the west- lets go to San Francisco and visit-

Now I've actually mentioned Flora Grubb here. Yes that is her real name, and yes it does appear she was destined to work with flowers. Her store in San Francisco is HUGE and has been lauded by every garden magazine I have ever read as a must visit for the gardenophile. And look- a coffee bar in the middle of the store! My cold hands need an extra large latte please....

Isn't her staging pretty?



Well, since we are in San Francisco, pot anyone? (Oh, come on- that's funny.)





I love the corrugated steel with the doors in front of them- its just like an entrance to a garden (literally and figuratively) you want to come through that door, just to see whats next. Its great getting to see so many tropical plants on display since we don't really get that much around here.





I suppose I don't even need to mention how much I love these next two pictures, do I? Really? Okay, I L*O*V*E* these pictures!!!!


Pumpkin pick-up-trucking! Too good- too good!!! Give me a picture of a pumpkin and I get all crazy....


Its so sunny in all of these pictures. I feel a bit sunnier myself. I hope you do too. I hope the weather does too. (Hint hint- hello? Mr. Sunshine? Are you out there somewhere? I'm ready for you to come out now....)
Happy weekend!

Pictures courtsesy of flickr.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...