Friday, August 28, 2009

Bully Woolly!

A new trend in gardening is the vertical garden wall- its a frame insulated with live matter and then planted. It is so beautiful, and so modern and so completely out of my financial reach- but a girl can dream, right?




These pictures are from Flora Grubb out in San Francisco- she and her husband have become masters of my dream-worthy wall. These two are planted entirely with succulents. Is that Asparagus Fern to die for or what?


And then, when you think it couldn't get any worse for us (okay, well for me-), the have-nots, there is this image to really make you feel poor- yes, its an outdoor bathtub that graces the vertical garden view...wipe that drool away from your mouth! Can you even imagine lounging in there with a glass of wine and a good book?


Then, when I was feeling low and very sorry for myself- ("Why can't I have a vertical garden...") this image popped up, also courtesy of Flora Grubb...


and I said," Hey that's cool"-so I did a little digging (ha ha) around and found the Woolly Pocket Garden Company. They sell insulated pockets (like the ones pictured above and below) that can either stand on their own, or be grouped together and hung on walls-railings, eaves, from the ceiling-sky's the limit! (File under why didn't I think of this.) I can have my vertical garden, I really really can! Oh the ideas- now I just have to wait 'till next spring. Click here for more Woolly pictures, inspirations & installation ideas.


Dare I say I dig it? Happy Weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...