Thursday, August 20, 2009

Maggie & Chuck Part III

Here is one more look at a few things made for Maggie & Chuck's farm wedding....



I can only take credit for putting the flowers on the cake- Maggie was inspired by a picture that she saw in a magazine- and one of her bridesmaids actually made it- I just love how fun and light- hearted it is, it just makes you smile. (And want a piece of cake.)


This is a nest I made- I wanted to incorporate the feeling of settling down, having one space, one life- what says that better than a nest? (Nest, nesting...do you follow me?) I thought the nest needed a couple of birds, so I put these two in- him givin' her a "peck" on the cheek.


Then at 2am, the day before the wedding, I decided it would be sweet to dress them up. You know, I didn't really have anything else to do...so I made a miniature veil out of ribbon & some teeny tiny little tissue paper flowers. For him, a top hat- I used a quarter and a dime as a template. Am I sick?

It was fun to see people walking by as we were setting up do double takes as they noticed the birds. Its those fun little things (literally) that makes me love getting to be a part of peoples weddings. I mean, think of it- what an honor it is to get to take part in a day that will be remembered by so many people, for such different and special reasons. Aww, that's so sweet & sentimental- when really, I kind of smell & need a shower and another cup of coffee.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...