Monday, November 28, 2011

Big Thanks

I have taken to eating pumpkin pie for breakfast. I feel that I can openly admit that to you. Thanksgiving day was a whirlwind of baking and roasting and toasting- filled with the best smelling smells, warmth from the oven, warmth from hugs and warmth from a glass or two of wine.


I have so much to be thankful for.
Children and a husband whom I love to the stars.
Supportive family.
Friends- here at home, far away, on the phone...here online.
Flowers. Buckets of flowers (and some dirty buckets without flowers...) that linger and litter my house.
Flower boxes that are piled miles high sometimes that get converted to forts or beds or boxing partners by the boys.
Roses. The flower I thought I could do without, has become one of my favorite flowers I can't live without. (Even the one who's stem ripped my finger open last week...yes, even you.)
A little business that continues to grow.
A house, our home- although still in some (ahem) disarray, is still our house, our home.
Health. (I have noticed since this past birthday though, a nagging ache here and there more often.)
Coffee...warm or cold (and I mean I let it sit too long, not a chilled or iced coffee) I love you just the same.
Playtime, bedtime, nighttime, having time....
And...pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...