Friday, October 14, 2011

Ten

Ten years ago today, Jamie and I became husband and wife. Ten years. I have mentioned it before, but I remember moments of that day in such delectable detail, that I can still see them. Smell them. Taste them. Feel them. Hear them. I hold on to them so tightly that they have wrapped around my heart time after time, year after year, and are bound into a perfect circle.


The day looked overcast- grey skies with clouds emptied from the rain they had let loose the night before. Brown leaves providing a veil for the green grass. Filled with flowers, my beautiful girls, my family- old and new, and my best friend...soon to be my husband. The day smelled damp, and cool outside, warm and comforting inside. It tasted of blueberry pancakes, lipstick, mimosas, cigars and cupcakes. It felt of satin, of a hand holding mine, of hugs and kisses and of the weight a new ring on my finger. I can conjure the words said to me by Jamie, the words I said to him- the toasts, the congratulations, the music, the laughter, the quiet closing of our hotel door at the end of the day when it was just the two of us....
I hold this day so dear- the day that was now ten years ago is always in the forefront of my mind. As I stood in my wedding dress right after our ceremony a friend told me, "Never forget how in love you are with each other on this day." I haven't. No matter what happens in the course of a day, a month, a year, or ten- I haven't forgotten how completely and totally in love with Jamie I was...I am. How I will always be.
I still think I am so lucky, to have him in my life- still standing beside me, still holding my hand.
Here's to ten years. Here's to ten more. Here's to ten times ten more.
Happy anniversary Jamie Blue. Mrs. Blue loves you.
I do. I do. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...