Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day Tripper: Planter's Palette

Today's virtual destination: Planter's Palette! One of my absolute favorite-ist local places to wander & loose track of time (and often dollars...) to be inspired & to dream of what my garden one day will be....
Faery gardens seem to be very popular these past few seasons- this entire little garden is planted within the confines of a wheelbarrow.


Gardens for sprites or other wee folk.

A fantastic variety of pots, planters and other pretties for your garden. (This is just a small corner....)



They also set up the best vignettes with potted plants. (Can you tell they are still potted?)


The best part of the Palette? Rows upon rows (rose upon rose?) of flowers. They have an immense collection of sun & shade lovers, herbs, vegetables, and the like. And the inventory seems only to be growing. (I couldn't resist. Okay, I could- but I didn't.)




Mother Nature decided to literally rain on my parade. We ducked into their greenhouse for a 1/2 hour waiting for the showers to let up, but it was just not meant to be. (My wallet and my husband both sighed together in relief.) Can you tell it is raining here? (Because let me tell you, its got to be pouring to deter me from flower shopping.)



It is easy to spend an afternoon here- taking in all the small details they have installed for your inspiration.

If you live in or around Chicago, a visit here (for you and your garden) is a treat. You deserve a treat every now and again, don't you?


I think you do.

Directions and information here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...