Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Cake

A couple of pictures of the cake I made for Father's Day/Birthday it turned out quite pretty. You really can't go wrong with fresh summer berries though, now can you?


We also made buttermilk soaked grilled chicken, (from the MSL June issue- which I took a picture of while it was marinating, but then I thought maybe showing raw chicken was kind of weird, so I didn't post it...and in case you were wondering, yes, I do cook meat for everyone that comes over...I just don't eat it. Try the recipe though, everyone said it was really good.) marinated vegetable salad and extra garlicky potato salad. ( Let me know if you want that recipe...its kind of a summer time staple here- but not for the faint hearted or for those on a first date.)
I folded up our napkins like this- and they were super cute, but the pictures I took made them just look like blobs.

Ugh. Apparently everyone really likes the whipped cream filling.


(Please note- he is not even making direct eye-contact and yet they still glow red. And just so you know, I scrub everything down twice after the canine comes to lend his licking support. )

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...