Monday, August 24, 2009

Chalk it Up

I saw this in the January 2007 issue of Martha Stewart Living and was enamored with the idea of a chalkboard painted wall calendar, but not with the color scheme. I've had enough black/grey/green chalkboards in my life. I liked that they mixed white paint in with the black to create differing shades- but it was just too drab for me. File away in my "hey, don't forget about me for later!" cobweb clattered-over stuffed rolodex memory. I thought it would be a fun idea for our office, which if you haven't been over recently,


looks like this:
and has looked like this for well, ahem...lets just say well, for a while. Some might even be as bold to say we are coming up on an anniversary of its demolition here right quick. (Hint to any drywall faeries...come and finish me in the night...and install my built in shelves...and find a great light fixture...and a door.... Hey! A girl can dream out loud, right?)


Then, a couple of days ago on Design*Sponge they featured a company called Hudson Paint, who make chalkboard paint in yes, technicolor! It is a family run business, and while the paint is a wee bit on the costly side- the colors are absolutely fantastic & are environmentally safe! Office wall calender...I remembered you!


I think various shades of Sweet Tangerine is in order! What do you think? Click here to see the rest of Hudson Paint's fabulous color swatches. ( I also like Safety Orange, and Designer Special and Bakery Green and Strong Addiction and....)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...